Fire in Australia on January 21 2017 06:35 AM (UTC).
More than 150 people were evacuated from a south-west Sydney club when it exploded in flames last night. Emergency services were called to the Mekong Club on John Street at around 7.40pm and found the building on fire. A staff member found the roof alight after a guest at the club had noticed some smoke coming from a room at the back of the building. John Moore, Duty Commander at Metro West commended staff who were able to evacuate all the guests from the busy club. "Staff did extremely well," Mr Moore said. Mr Moore also said shops below the Mekong club were evacuated and there were no injuries. It's believed a fault in one of the poker machines may have started the blaze. Firefighters worked till late last night to extinguished the blaze which kept reigniting as the power supply remained on.